Feats of Strength Backblast 5/3/21
- Seam rippers
- Dean Vigodas
- Sun gods
- Goof balls
- Warm up mosey around the skate park
Each pax given a piece of chalk.
Round 1. Gratitude
- Pax did curls.
- One at a time, each Pax took their chalk to the concrete area at the end of the court. Each wrote a list of as many things you are Grateful for, in 20 seconds.
- Upon return, add up the number of items on your list, then subtract from 10. The result indicates how many burpees the group would do.
For example, 4 items on a list resulted in 6 burpees for everyone. Continue until everyone had made a list and all burpees were completed.
Round 2. Grievance
- Pax did LBCs
- One at a time, pax took their chalk to far side of skate park. Each wrote the initials of someone they had a grievance with, preferably in the past year.
- Could be anything from minor to major. Someone who pissed you off, said something negative, did something wrong, or whatever.
Round 3. Do Good
- Pax did KB swings
- One at a time, pax took their chalk to the park entrance at corner of W. Mtn. On sidewalk, each wrote the initials of someone they were going to do something good for later that day.
- Could be anyone.
Round 4. Commitment
- Ran lap around the skate park
- Returned to end of BB court. Pax found their gratitude list from round 1. Held plank. YHC led prayer centered on living our lives with gratitude for all that we’ve been given.
- Returned to edge of skate park. Pax found their grievance initials from round 2. Held plank. YHC led prayer centered on how we might productively live with any grievances, moving on to the extent possible, modeling the grace we have been offered.
- Returned to entrance of park. Pax found their Do Good initials from round 3. Held plank. YHC led prayer centered on committing to do good for others, and expecting nothing in return. May we lead others in this way.
- Returned to BB court where we had been working out, we wrote our initials, as a commitment to live with Gratitude, deal with Grievances, and Do Good for others.
- Rosalita Whips
- Side plank push ups
- Cindy C
- WWI dying cockroach
7 with the Q.
Duvet, Bambi, Hook Em, Weezy, Epstein, Flounder and YHC Tardy QIC
- Praise Hook ‘Ems 2.0 going to NCSU
- Local police being dispatched to assist in Elizabeth City, pray for their safety.
- Duvet’s family who lives in Elizabeth City and likely to be impacted by events there. Pray for their safety.
- Hook Em led us out in prayer
- 22 for the troops, plus 5 for Chipper’s continued recovery
Always an honor and always right on time, Tardy