23 Pax gathered in the gloom with most there apparently just to make fun of YHC’s inability to back into the parking spot on the first try. And the comments about not being able to see over the seat….Taking it all in stride, boys, all in stride… #stupidlent
After a textbook disclaimer, we began to mosey to the warmarama circle for :
- SSH’s, 25 IC
- Imperial Squat Walkers, 15 IC (nice demo, @checkbook)
- Sun gods, SS, 15 IC, Reverso
- Chinooks, 16 IC, Reverso interrupted after seeing @lovie’s rendition…and a sneaky way for the Q to stop it short….
Mosey to Bus Parking Lot behind the School and beyond into the, gulp, wet grass.
Ten cones were set up approximately 20 yards apart. The first cone had a list of exercises, the last cone had a blinking light on it.
For each cone, the Pax was to complete the prescribed number of exercises, roll once, left or right (alternating at each cone) do the prescribed number of exercises again, stand up, broad jump once, and run to the next cone. For the most part, the Pax got this right.
- 5 Merkins
- 5 IC Shoulder Taps
- 5 IC Plank Jacks
- 5 IC Peter Parkers
- 5 IC Parker Peters
- 10 IC Mountain Climbers
- 5 Carolina Dry Docks (some started this round–nice work!)
- 5 IC Makhtar Ndiaye’s (no pax reached this point)
Do the math. IF you stopped at each cone, you completed 100 merkins, 100 each of the 5IC exercises, and 200 Mountain Climbers…..nice work!
Mosey to the Bus Parking Lot
- 10 IC Slo Mo Peter Parkers
- 20 IC American Hammers
Pax: Epstein, Deliverance, Boone’s Farm, Sludge, Blue Hen, Far Side, Slice & Dice, Elaine, Mulligan, Checkbook, Flounder, Duvet, Fortran, Gilmore, Large Mouth, Sprinkler, Wham O, Red Hot, FloRida, Lovie, Hook ’em, Lucky Charm, Dr. Evil (QIC)
- Prayers for Alexis and family, Gilmore’s friends, Ron (testicular cancer) and Paulette (breast cancer)
- Praise for Richard Hedgecock, will be inducted into EFHS Sports Hall of Fame (Gilmore’s dad)
- Support Mulligan’s run to support St. Jude’s, dig deep to make $2k a reality for him. Look for the link in Slack.
- Call those who aren’t coming…
- Sludge led us out.
And, yep, the playlist was “appropriate” as someone mentioned during “Roll Over Beethoven”…
- Good Times Roll, The Cars
- Roll With It, Steve Winwood
- Roll Over Beethoven, The Beatles
- Papa Was a Rolling Stone, The Temptations
- Proud Mary (Rolling on the River), Tina Turner
- Rolling in the Deep, cover by Go Radio/Punk Goes Pop
- Tootsie Roll, 69 boyz
- Rock n Roll Fantasy, Bad Company
Hope you got enough. Raise your hands if you didn’t.
Thanks for joining us, Large Mouth!
You must log in to post a comment.