Eight hardy Pax turned out in the crisp gloom knowing that doughnuts were not in the future. They included:
Checkbook, Sludge, Duvet, Lucky Charms, Gilmore, Epstein, Kay and Dr. Evil (QIC)
Warmup was brief, with an uncomfortably small circle. Only after requesting that we enlarge it a bit so that YHC would not strike someone while doing warmarama, did the pax begrudgingly step back. One step.
- SSH’s, 20 IC
- Don Quixotes, 15 IC
- Cotton Pickers, 15 IC
- Imperial Squat Walkers, 10 IC (completely disrespecting Checkbook by stealing his signature move)
Mosey to pick up one single coupon per pax for The Thang.
- Squat to place the paver on the ground, stand back up leaving the paver in place.
- Squat to pick up the paver, and stand raising it over your head.
- That’s one rep.
- Do three reps when the Q does it until the pax reaches the x’s marked on the sidewalk along Mountain Street. Then simply complete 3 reps, or six squats, per time.
- We did this about every ten feet or so for the half mile to China Palace. Do the math.
- At one point, Gilmore mentioned something about the Q not being nice…not even sure what that meant. Also, there was apparently some thought we were only going to the post office. As the Pax passed the post office, it was heard, “the Q is not only not nice (edited) , he’s also a liar.” There was frustration.
Alas, we reached the correct destination. Although the Pax was disappointed that we were not going to put the pavers in the back of the Q’s vehicle, they were happy that the Q provided Bojangles Chicken Biscuits and a water to each of the Pax. The Q is nice, he’s a caring leader of the Pax.
Once the Pax hurried through the biscuits and water, the return trip was another simple instruction. Four–wait, strike that–Three burpees per pole on the return trip. The original count came to ~25 poles (note that there are some that have two side by side), so, once again, do the math.
It is heartening to see that no merlot was spilled on the returned trip, though one pax observed it brought a new meaning to ‘burpees’ as the chicken biscuits were reintroduced to the oral cavity from time to time….
Everyone made it, but Kay is now 0-2 against YHC in food-related runs/workouts, going down in defeat in the doughnut run a year or so before. He did look green at the end of the workout, so he had that going for him.
6MOM — only time for 15 American Hammers
- Mulligan and his family–go out on Slack and contribute to his half marathon efforts for St. Jude.
- Barbara had a good round of chemo on Thursday, thanks for the prayers
- Pacer continues to have knee issues. Apparently his knee swelled in the shower–not good, and we miss him in the gloom.
- Nice work by Gilmore and the Pax, especially Kay for the repair work, getting the bikes ready for the kids. They will be distributed the Sunday before Thanksgiving
Sludge led us out.
Always an honor, I hope it wasn’t too easy.
You must log in to post a comment.