16 Pax, relieved to be out of the moving business for now, plus one FNG arrived to find the basketball courts already in use by some early morning (or maybe all-night) ballers. QIC appreciates the commitment of Man Hands, who pledged his support to a seizure by force, but the Old North State does not need yet one more unnecessary protest/counterprotest today. Besides, our work was waiting in a different direction.
The Pax: Epstein, Tarde, Crankbait, Radar, Duvet, Fortran, Man Hands, Jitterbug, Checkbook, Mulligan, Lucky Charms, Gilmore, Craig R (FNG), FloRida (QIC)
WARMARAMA in the Cul-de-Sac:
- Side Straddle Hops x10 IC
- Chinooks x 10 IC
- Cotton Pickers x 10 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 10 IC
- Peter Parkers x 10 IC
- Parker Peters x 10 IC
- Side Lunges x 3 IC – something new! Stand with legs spread wide, turn one foot out and lunge down to horizontal thigh, then back to standing. A young Lucky Charms, in a daguerreotype from 1854, demonstrates impeccable form below. We’ll see these again.
A short mosey to the track put us in just the right spot for mirth and Murph, sort of.
3 sets of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats, plus 20 reps of ab exercise. Use different form with each set:
- 5 Standard Pullups, 10 Diamond Merkins, 15 Side Lunges Left, 20 LBC.
- 5 Underhand Chinups, 10 Standard Merkins, 15 Side Lunges Right, 20 Homer Marge.
- 5 Split Pullups (hands on different rails), 10 Wide Merkins, 15 squats, 20 WWII situps.
Then one lap around the track to complete the round. Rinse and repeat. YHC completed 4 rounds in the allotted time. Tclaps to those pax completing some or all of a fifth round! For those of you keeping score, a full Murph requires 7 rounds plus an extra mile run.
Thanks to Gilmore for keeping time, because YHC forgot to wear a watch. #Qfail. Good work by the Pax in helping along the FNG.
Mosey back to the tennis courts for 6 Minutes of Mary:
- Cindy Crawfords x 10 IC each side
- Nolan Ryans x 10 IC each side
- American Hammers x 20 IC
Announcements: Lucky Charms planning a milestone Q on Monday September 3 Labor Day. Clear your calendar and rest up.
Namearama: FNG Craig R managed to interpret enough of the gibberish on this website to find his way to the right place at the right time. That alone should have qualified him for a dignified name like Columbus or Vespucci. Gilmore was impressive with a deep dive into the sports trivia vault to suggest Kawhi, based on Craig’s love of the San Antonio Spurs. Craig himself tried to get into the action with Silver Spurs, which is almost precious enough to use. In the end, occupation – health care administration – won out. Welcome, Malpractice!
Prayers for Alexis Grace and family, and for students and teachers starting another school year. Man Hands led us out with a terrific exhortation to be Ambassadors for God throughout the day.
Always a joy to participate, an honor to belong, and a privilege to lead.