31 PAX (including two FNGs) gathered this morning for an experiment to test Patton’s philosophy that the body is never tired if the mind is not tired. Considering the number that showed up this morning and endured the workout, I would say he was right.
PAX: Sludge, Cube, Man Hands, Thin Mint, FNG – Thumper, Blue Hen, Fortran, Dr. Evil, Yoyo, Tarde, Bambi, Kay, FNG – Jitterbug, Flounder, Far Side, Florida, Spicoli, Tenderfoot, Deliverance, Epstein, Gilmore, Lucky Charms, Walle, Red Hot, Sprinkler, Checkbook, Water Wings, Dean (Soulmate), Pacer, Mulligan & Shear Conn (Q)
Warm-a-rama: We moseyed to the cul-de-sac for 20 SSHs and 15 Cotton Pickers, Then another short mosey for 15 Ave Vigodas and 15 Imperial Walkers.
The Thang: Moseyed up to the track for 3 rounds of 10 pull-ups, 5 bear crawl uphill/ crab walk downhill, 10 WWIIs, 10 Mt. Climbers (In cadence), 10 Lt. Dans. Followed up with a Shear Conn roll to the center (Moved out before LBCs commenced.)
Next moseyed up to the benches for 10 Dips,run,10 American Hammers, run, 10 Urkins, run, 10 LBCs, run, 10 Derkins, run, 10 Monkey Humpers. Rested in plank position.
Next moseyed to front yard and lunged to cone, 10 burpees, run to next cone, 10 burpees, lunge to sidewalk
PAX then moseyed back to the BB court for Mary. (Along the way, a few couldn’t help but doing a few Monkey Humpers for the passing traffic.) Due to lack of time, Mary was shortened to 15 LBCs & 20 Merkins.
- Meet at Harmon Park for Saturday’s workout – led by Tarde. (4th of July park closed for the Honey Bee)
- Gilmore coordinated UHaul load up on Aug 23 and unload on Aug 25. Info posted on Slack. Please respond (TODAY) to his post if you can help.
- Crankbait’s 50th birthday party at his house this Saturday from 7:00-10:00 PM. (Followed next week by his party at the Digestive Health Center. All are invited…..)
- Prayer Concern: Tarde’s co-worker’s son (Bradley Phillips – college freshman) has cancer.
- Prayer Concern: Family of Steve Howell. Steve passed away suddenly last Friday.
Gilmore prayed us out.
Reflections of a Virgin Q: At first There were sounds of Madonna singing ” Like a Virgin Q….” running through my head.
However, it quickly turned into
Well – maybe not that bad. It was fun and I look forward to the next Q.
It was an honor to lead this morning and to be a part of such an outstanding group.
As for Patton: The body is now controlling the mind. I think I’ll take a nap.