The Pax: Flounder, Deliverance, Checkbook, Mulligan, Crawdaddy, Dean, Pacer, FloRida (QIC)
A veteran Pax of eight shook off the fartsack for a quick wiggle between beatdowns, hoping to jumpstart the day, perhaps forestall injury, or maybe seek a higher level of consciousness. With no FNGs, YHC didn’t even attempt a mission, purpose or disclaimer (#PhoneItIn), and went straight to the stretchy-thang, a back and legs flow sequence starting with:
- Cross-Leg sit – focus on straight back, long neck, deep breaths. Slow neck rolls right and left.
- Wide-Leg sit – slow reach down right leg, then left leg
- Cobbler’s Pose – Sit with knees bent. Hold toes and pull feet toward torso. Fold forward.
- Child’s Pose – Kneel with legs open wide. Fold forward. Reach chin, shoulders, chest toward floor.
- Table Top – hands and knees. Right side calf stretch, leg pump, bird dog. Repeat Left side.
- Low Lunge, Lizard, Pigeon – returning to table top after each; with Cow, Cat, and Corner to break up the stretches. Alternating L & R. Difficult for YHC to get into the Pigeon; even more difficult to get out!
- Lie back and pull knees to chest. Hold toes and straighten legs up and out.
- Z-sit – left and right.
Good work by all: going slow, pushing deeply and breathing to extend stretches. Some pax found themselves in entirely new positions! Hope your body and mind are both a little more relaxed
Announcements: Remember to reply to Gilmore today regarding move help next week.
Prayers for Mulligan’s sister-in-law and her family as they face a second cancer diagnosis.
Blessings to teachers back to school today.
Thanks to the support from today’s Pax. Looks like Thursday Stretch-a-rama is worth continuing. Always a joy to participate and an honor to lead.