PREBLAST: On Aug 1, 2018, I will lead a workout built around the number 67. This is in memory of my dear stepfather, Robert Wayne Mann, who lived a rich life of 67 years. In addition, 1967 was the year his band Nova’s Nine was formed. Nova’s Nine recorded the single “Pain”, which became a regional hit, topping out at #4 on the Charlotte area radio station charts in 1968, and leading to a record deal with ABC (enjoy: https://youtu.be/2SKn0_ShKbI). While he remained a talented Saxophone player throughout his life, Robert also went on to be one heck of an engineer, a talented woodworker, an adventurous world traveler, a connoisseur of sci-fi/disaster movies, and a wonderful family leader. He was also a master of quips, puns, one-liners, sarcasm, and “dad humor”…so bring your best mumblechatter.
- Weather: Gloom
- Where: Ivey M. Redmon Park, gather in lower parking lot
- When: Wednesday 8-1-18 @5:30AM take-off. Gather anytime prior.
- Why: A little pain can be a good way to take away the pain
- Who: You. Yeah you. The guy that’s reading this. Plus anyone you EH.
- How: To the best of your ability. Modify as necessary.
You must log in to post a comment.