The Pax: Kay, Dr. Evil, Fanny Pack, Sludge, Checkbook, Fortran, Trampstamp, Special Ed, Chipper, Deliverance, FloRida, Crankbait (FaithQ)
Twelve charter members assembled in The Glow of the diner for the first ever KVegas Tuesday am bible study. QIC Crankbait delivered an early morning Lift-Up that left at least one Pax walking to his car afterward, scratching his head and wondering what just happened. With Crankbait’s permission, YHC offers a few reflections.
Psalm 27.14 : “Wait for the the Lord. Be strong and courageous. Wait for the Lord.”
Hebrews 11:16 “Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him.”
Advent. From the Latin Adventus, meaning “an arrival”.
- Remember waiting with joyful anticipation? Christmas as a child. Vacations. How to get that back into Advent?
- Faith and Hope and waiting go hand in hand. No reason to wait if no Hope. Not willing to wait if no Faith. In the other direction, deliberate intentional waiting strengthens Faith. Per Dr Evil and Fannypack references to the waiting of the Israelites.
- 1st F works so well for many of us because it is scheduled, brief and intense. No room for anything else during that time In The Gloom. How can we apply the same intentional and intense approach to 3rd F?
- Waiting, listening, faith are all enhanced by stillness. Per Special Ed’s Christmas Tree lights.
- “If you don’t know what you are waiting for, you are probably not relying on God enough.” Crankbait, offering the pearl of the morning.
- To focus your faithful waiting and holy reliance, pick one small thing. Wait and watch and you will see evidence. Reward! Reinforcement. Per Fannypack’s suddenly noticing That Car everywhere.
Thanks to Crankbait for leading and for all the men who came, shared, prayed. Once again, Iron Sharpens Iron.
You must log in to post a comment.