Pax: Deliverance, Flounder, Gilmore, Sprinkler, Fanny Pack, Kryptonite, Kay, Epstein, Crankbait, Lucky Charm, Special Ed, Sludge, High Heels, Radar, Fortran, Checkbook, Kandi Kane, Crawdaddy, Alpo, Dr. Evil
Twenty loyal pax joined in the gloom to celebrate (unknowingly) YHC’s two year anniversary (actually the day before), thus dropping the deuce. Unflinchingly, YHC completely stole the first day’s hour long beat down and shoved it in a 45 minute time slot. We’ve come a long way, no doubt.
With Pacer on the DL, it went something like this…
Mosey to the far end of the parking lot for Warmarama. (thanks to High Heels and Radar show showed great familiarity with the group by showing up late and not thinking anything of it…. someone mentioned it’s hard to get the heels on before getting to workout….)
Warm-O-Rama (All Exercises executed at a 3-count cadence):
Burpee Circle – Sludge started us off as the Burpee began to move around the circle. As the Burpee continued around the circle the following exercises commenced:
- SSH x 20 IC
- Imperial Walker x 20 IC
- Lunge x 20 IC
- Merkin Pyramid x 7 – Diamond, Regular, Wide
- 15 Sun Gods (Forward) 15 (Backward)
- Goblet Squat x 20 IC
Sprinkler recognized that this was master’s level cadence work with the Q still counting during YHC burpee turn. Sludge could do it, no doubt.
Mosey to shelter for 2 sets of derkins and dips x 25 oyo. Second set hurt. Whenever Gilmore breaks win and says, “oh, boy,” there’s reason for concern. When he doesn’t realize that he’s said, “oh, boy,” there’s more. Kay agreed that you could never trust a fart after mile two when you’re running….there’s a reason that there is an FIA.
Deck(s) of Death Cards – Divided up into 4 teams, respectively for a little small unit leadership and cohesion. Special thanks to Deliverance and Crawdaddy who both had flashlights. Kay also had a mini light…really mini.
(4) Decks of cards distributed to 4 teams
Designated man draw cards at random and follow commands below with correlating exercises, doing so expeditiously and with enthusiasm: Man that draws the cards also counts the cadence for the exercise. For numbered cards, perform the following exercise x 2 (thus the “Deuce”):
- Clubs – Parker Peters, IC (Checkbook will need to read the exicon in the P’s…but did admirably and much welcome!
- Spades – Merkins–Lucky Charm was impressive pulling cards with gloves on…and not selecting high numbers!
- Hearts – Burpees (cuz they make your heart work)
- Diamonds – LBC’s, IC
Face Cards (Same exercise every time)
- Aces – 25 Jack Webbs
- Kings – 25 Sun Gods, alternate forward and reverse with each draw
- Queens – 25 Plank Jacks
- Jacks – 25 Side Straddle Hops
Upon completion by all squads of the death cards we transitioned to:
Same 4 teams of men formed up in separate single columns by squad for a balls out sprint race to fence and back to tag next man and so on (80 yards round trip). Special Ed was on a runner’s high when his team apparently lapped the competition. There was no running planned until YHC noticed Flounder, and it wouldn’t be the same without it. Also, YHC pulled a hammie his first workout doing this run….
6MOM (Circle of Mary) :
- Weezie Jefferson x 20 IC
- Freddie Mercury’s – 20 x 20 IC
- Rosaletta – 20 x 20 IC
- American Hammer x 25 IC
Doing rosaletta’s, it seemed that YHC kept seeing little Epstein’s….#compressionshortsmandatory
- Fanny Pack completely owns his new name, loud and proud..but not quite as loud as FORTRAN #allcapsforever
- Kandi Kane (YHC’s favorite spelling) doesn’t look like he worked out at all–impressive. #howdoeshedothat
- Not the same without Kryptonite’s do rag…cannot tell if he’s Butterworth or Jemimah…or a crip or a blood.
- Special Ed’s church, going through some changes, pray on the 10th for their townhall
- Crankbait’s mom’s husband and other family ‘stuff’
- Toto in Uganda
- Sign up for Kay’s potluck at the gated community at the lake
- Hop Harvest 5k for NCLA, this Saturday. (Get slack, Kryptonite, and start posting like the first world…)
- Alpo, needing some help on Sunday at 11:30am at his home. 215 Oakmont Circle, Kernersville. Should be quick. Keep Alpo and his son in your prayers for the journey and beyond.
Always an honor–funny when twenty seems light.